Recruiting a volunteer?
Please be sure to read the UCLA Volunteer Guidelines and have the volunteer complete all the required forms. The completed paperwork should be submitted to Nancy M. Arroyo five business day before the volunteer begins their service.
- Minors under the age of eighteen (18) need the permission of their parents or legal guardians to volunteer and must complete the liability waiver and supporting documents
- Volunteers must be supervised by UCLA staff or faculty
- Volunteer activities are expected to be part-time or of limited duration
- Volunteers may not be compensated for services
- We should only allow keys if the volunteer passes a background check, which the faculty member will have to pay for
- Volunteers participating in research activities are required to sign the University's patent acknowledgement form UPAY 585